Monday, August 6, 2007

Minneapolis Bridge Collapse

Like most Minnesotans, Olly and I were very curious to see the area around the 35W bridge that collapsed last Wednesday. We decided to drive down there today and look at it. We stood along the Stone Arch Bridge, but it's difficult to see much of the bridge. There is still a wide radius around the site that is taped off from the public. I thought I would post a couple pictures that I took.

One of the missing, Scott Sathers, is a friend of one of my friends who I went to college with. I had met Scott a few times in the past when he would come up to Duluth to visit. Scott was on his way home from work that evening and drove his usual route on the 35W bridge. He is one of the eight who are still missing. It is such a tragedy. Please pray for Scott and his family. Pray that they will have answers and peace in the coming days. I cannot imagine what it would be like to wait and wait with a lot of questions and no answers. Again, please pray for Scott, his family, the others who are still missing, and their families.


No comments: