William had his 6 month check-up last week on Thursday. He is doing really well! He weighed 18.8 lbs and 27 inches long. He's right on track as to where he is supposed to be. He received a couple more shots and DIDN'T CRY! He is eating two solid meals a day. A small fruit or vegetable for breakast and oatmeal with a fruit or veggie for dinner. She said we could add lunch when he goes to daycare to "hold him over" from needing another bottle. We are trying to stretch his feedings to every 4 hours. The most he has gone in between is 3.5 hours. The four hour stretch will help when I go back to work and can only pump twice at work. Also at his age he SHOULD be going about four hours.
We discussed the night issues and lack of sleep. He's no longer sleeping in our room which doesn't seem to help. He's actually waking up more, but I hope that decreases after he is used to not sleeping in the same room. I desperately NEED him to sleep longer at night since I'll be back to work. Last night was a NIGHTMARE, but I attributed that to almost no napping yesterday (we were gone all day and he doesn't nap well away from home) and being woken up at night by the barking dog (Scooter). The pediatrician said stretching his feedings during the day should help at night, because he'll get used to going longer and eating more when he does eat. Lets hope it works! Mommy needs her sleep!
No comments:
Post a Comment