Monday, January 18, 2010

39 Week Appointment!

Today was my 39 week (and 1 day) appointment. Everything is looking good-strong heartbeat, baby is head down. I'm 2 cm dilated so that's a little bit of progress.

I was hoping that I had made a little bit of progress, because I was having some pretty strong contractions through the night. They were strong enough to wake me up, look at the clock, breathe through them, and almost get up and start packing my bag. And then I remembered that they were nothing compared to the real contractions of active labor-YIKES! I've been trying not to think about labor just yet.

My next appointment is next Tuesday which is 40 weeks and 2 days. My doctor said if I make it to that appointment to have the doctor (I'm seeing a different one) call the hospital, because my doctor is working that next morning until 7 a.m. She says I can come on up and get started.

So, the waiting game continues!

No comments: