Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Today was the Day...

Today was my first day with my first grade students. Oh my goodness! It was SO MUCH work. I have to teach them EVERYTHING. Today we learned how to: walk from the desk to the carpet, stand in a line, stand in a line at the bathroom, sit in a circle on the carpet, sit "crisscross applesauce", walk from the carpet to the desk, line up from the desks to the door, line up from the carpet to the door, playground boundaries, etc, etc, etc. I think I will enjoy it more once we have our routine established and in working order.

I have some really interesting kiddos in my class. By interesting I mean lots of work! On the other hand, I have some really sweet ones too. It's definitely an interesting mix and they will keep me on my toes. Unfortunately I left today with a massive headache and felt sick to my stomach. I think a lot of it was the different emotions I was experiencing: nervousness, stress, excitement, etc.

William went to daycare for the first time too. Olly dropped him off at 9am, and I picked him up at 4pm. She said he had a pretty good day. He was very interested in the kids and vice versa. He did cry once for a little while quite hard, and he only napped for an hour. I'm sure he was overly tired and a little stressed out. My poor baby boy! I was so happy to see him. I held him straight for the next two hours from picking him up until his bedtime. Unfortunately he went to sleep just after 6pm. I hope he learns to nap at daycare so he can stay up a little longer with me in the evenings. I tried to get him to nap with me when we first arrived home, but I think he was still too wired from his day at daycare.

I miss him SO MUCH during the day. I cried a little when we got home and were laying in bed cuddling and nursing. It makes me very sad to think that he will only be a baby once, and I missed nine hours of his day today. I spent an hour with him this morning and two hours this evening. I have to think of the bright side and the fact that I'm getting good benefits, retirement plan, and a biweekly paycheck.

Well, that's all for now. I'm tired and going to bed!



No comments: