Saturday, September 8, 2007

I Survived!

I survived my first week with my first grade students...whew! I'm feeling overwhelmed right now and have been doing and preparing whenever I have a free moment. It feels really nice to be home today; I was ready for the weekend!

I have 18 students which includes 7 ESL students (English as a Second Language). They keep me busy! By the end of the week there was much improvement with the routine and structure of the classroom. I've been told by a few parents that their children love coming to school. That is reassuring!

William went to daycare for 2.5 days this week. He seems to be adjusting well, and he really likes his daycare provider, Carla. She said that if she leaves his sight he cries! He definitely understands that she takes care of him when Mommy and Daddy are at work. I picked him up all three days this week, and he was SO happy to see me, and of course I was thrilled to see him. The evenings go so quickly though. We get home around 4:30pm, and he is asleep for the night between 6:30-7:00pm =( One evening he was in bed at 6:00pm. I wish he would stay up a little longer so I could spend more time with him, but he needs his sleep.

Overall, the transition into working mom seems to be going pretty well. We are all adjusting quite well. I miss staying home with William and spending all my time with him, but on the other hand, I enjoy going to work and being back in my profession.

No comments: