Saturday, September 25, 2010

William's First Day of Preschool.

William recently started his first day of preschool! He goes 2 half days a week. He seems to enjoy it, although it's difficult to get any information out of him when I get home from work! We're glad he's in school with his best buddy, Owen. Owen and William had been doing to daycare together for the past 2 years. Unfortunately with our daycare closing, they are at different daycares now.

Some updates about William:

1. Now that we're back in our school year routine his behavior has improved (well, except right now he's having a tantrum). He was kind of a stinker this summer and did a great job of testing me!
2. He loves to watch TV :/ We really have to work to limit this. He used to be interested in toddler shows such as Dora, Diego, and Wonderpets, but suddenly he's obsessed with Batman, Scooby Doo, and Thundercats.
3. His favorite food is spaghetti and spaghettios (he is so my child as I loved spaghettios for a long time-well into adulthood).
4. His vocabulary and speech are amazing. He hears a word once, and it becomes a part of his vocabulary and he uses it in the correct context. Here's an example from about 5 minutes ago, Olly put a play stethoscope on his nose, and William said, "Get that bloody thing off your nose!"
5. He's afraid of the dark and monsters right now. We were out last night at the grocery store and as we were driving there he said, "It's dark now which means the monsters are going to start coming out soon." Of course he didn't believe me when I said there are no monsters. He had been waking up at night due to nightmares, but now that he's so busy during the day he's been sleeping well.
6. He wears underwear but we really have to monitor his bathroom use because he will wait and wait until he goes in his underwear a little bit. If we remind him and make him go, it's much better.
7. His imagination is amazing! I cannot believe the stories he tells-both true and made up with great details. I've commented that he tells better and more detailed stories than most of my first graders can.
8. Nothing gets past him! Yesterday morning on the way to daycare he said, "Mama, the other day on the way to daycare Dada forgot Gracie's milk so we had to go back home and get it." I know for sure that Olly would've NEVER admitted that to me! I'm sure he was thinking William would forget and that it would be their little secret. Ha!

Here are some pictures of his first day!




No comments: