Saturday, September 25, 2010

Once again...

My poor ignored blog! July 28th, really? I can't believe it's been almost 2 months since I posted! That means my baby is 2 months older! My William is over 3 1/2 now. Gee, a lot can happen in 2 months!

Grace will be 8 months old tomorrow. She is all over. She can slither faster than a snake. I say "slither" because that's how she gets around. She can crawl on her hands and knees, but if she wants to get somewhere quickly, she gets down into the "slithering" position. She's also eating like a champ. She loves to eat! She eats everything we eat: enchiladas, tacos, spaghetti, chicken, turkey, rice, toast, oatmeal, all fruits and veggies, crackers. You name it, she eats it.

She is still NOT sleeping through the night! :( Not even close. She's waking 2X on a good night, and 3X on a not so good night. On the 3X nights, Olly gets up once. By that time, I'm done going in there; I need my sleep! I think the only reason why her waking at night hasn't thrown me over the edge is that I look at it like a few more minutes I have with her that I miss during the day when I'm at work. I miss her desperately while I'm at work. It's a pain that never goes away. Luckily I have a job that keeps me very busy (physically, mentally, and emotionally) so my mind is often preoccupied. I miss her most when I'm leaving work and in the car to pick her up. I just can't get there fast enough, and I'm especially impatient on the days I get behind the slowest driver, hit every red light, and the train on 47.

Speaking of being away from her, we have a new daycare! Our daycare provider, Carla, (who we've had since William was 6 months old) decided to close her daycare and do something else. We were sad to leave Carla's-it was familiar, and there was a level of comfort that I was nervous about finding somewhere else. I was frantically searching for a new daycare for about two weeks. I was either told a)no room for an infant or b)I have space but you need to pay full-time rates. Ummm, no, I don't think so. William and Grace only go to daycare 3 days a week. We were not about to pay someone for the days W and G are home with Olly or my mom. That just didn't make sense-although I do understand it from their point of view.

So we started our new daycare the other week (Jennifer). We love Jennifer! She is close to home. I timed my drive the other day from driveway to driveway. We left at 8:18 and arrived at 8:20. How's that for close?!?! She does a lot of activities with William. He's always bringing home art projects and singing new songs. She cuddles and loves on Gracie all the time which I love. The other day when I handed Gracie over she nuzzled her face into Jennifer's neck. I have to admit there was just a tinge of "Oh my gosh! My baby is loving on another mama", but I was also happy to see that Gracie loves her and feels comfortable enough to do that with her. I also love that she serves really healthy food. This was a huge deal for me as William had developed a love for treats and processed foods :( Although at home we have very little of that. Almost everything she serves is all natural and/or organic. Grace eats lunch there, and Jennifer feeds her what the kids are eating or makes her something else. The other day she had fruit, broccoli, and chicken. Overall, it's been a really good fit for us. We do pay a little more than we paid before (and we agreed to pay for days we aren't there over holiday and school breaks), but it's worth it to find a good fit.

I'm still nursing and pumping at work. Pumping at work is so difficult. My time is so limited to even get my job done, and then adding in pumping time makes me feel like I'm always rushing from one thing to the next. I've thought once in awhile about weaning off pumping, but that means giving Grace formula and having to PAY FOR IT. I've heard it's expensive to buy formula, and since I already complain about money, I figure I better keep pumping! And once I stop pumping my milk supply will drop which mean that will soon be the end of nursing, and honestly, I'm not ready to give that up just yet. Since I made it to a year with William I feel like I need to (and really want to) make it to at least a year with Grace.

Here are some recent pictures of Grace!




No comments: