Sunday, June 27, 2010

Swimming Lessons

William has been taking swimming lessons since he was about 6 months old. He has always been in the parent/child class. This summer I signed him up for swimming lessons through the local outdoor pool. Now that he's three he's able to go to swimming lessons without a parent. It's so fun to watch him, and he seems like such a big boy being in a class without mama or dada. My heart almost broke a little the first day watching him follow his teacher and get into the water. He's growing a little bit more independent each day.

He was a bit apprehensive the first day, so I had to bribe him (yes, I've resorted to bribes-something I swore I'd never do!) with a surprise to get him into the water. I also told his teacher that he's a bit apprehensive and may need some extra encouragement. I love his teacher, Katelyn, because she has a lot of energy and is great with the kids. She took William by the hand the first day and led him into the water. That was all it took! Every once in awhile he'd look over at us and smile really big and wave. He was so proud of himself! He had quite the audience on his first day-mama, dada, Gracie, papa, and uma.

He really enjoys swimming lessons and is excited to go everyday. He loves the water.





1 comment:

Kristi said...

What a big guy! I don't think Cale would go alone.