Sunday, February 17, 2008

GOOD NEWS!

Lots of good news and things really happening for us-here's an update...

Olly was offered and has accepted a golf professional teaching position here in Minnesota!!!!! After being SO patient for SO (too) long, he has finally got what seems to be a great position. We kept talking about being patient, our time will come, things will work out, etc...but frankly, we were sick and tired of waiting! Now the wait is over! YAH!

The night before my grandma died (when she was no longer responding), I held her hand and asked her to pray with me for Olly's job interview to go well (he was having the job interview at that exact time that I was with my grandma). I truly believe that my grandma was praying with me. She knew how hard it was for Olly to find a job, and she knew that we desperately wanted him to get a job, and she had told me that she included him in her nightly prayers. Anyone who knows my grandma knows that she prayed the rosary and prayed from her prayer book every night. I know my grandma would be so happy for us. It makes me sad that I can't call her and tell her our exciting news.

We've also been house shopping. We put an offer in on a townhome in the area and are waiting to hear if it's been accepted. This townhome is going into foreclosure, so it's between us and the bank. The bank is swamped with forclosures right now, so it takes longer than if it were between us and the seller. We also looked at a house today (in our area as well). We need to get some more information about the house before we decide to put in an offer or not, but we both like the house. It does need some cosmetic work and TLC, but it's not too old, significantly underpriced for what it's worth, and it's on a great piece of land.

We've also started car shopping. Right now we have my car and my grandma's car, but we are handing the car over to my uncle by May 1st. We've just started looking and pricing vehicles this weekend. We are leaning more towards an SUV, because it would be safe and have more room with William.

My job continues to go really well. My principal has told me that as long as the numbers of students stay where they are at (don't decrease) then I will continue to have my same position next year in first grade. He is a great principal and really seems to like what I'm doing in my classroom. I still really enjoy it, but it is HARD WORK. Yes, I do get almost 3 months off in the summer, and I have breaks throughout the year, but I work very hard during the school year. All teachers would agree with that!

I will keep everyone posted on what happens with the housing situation, and I will update everyone on Olly's new job once that gets going.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Al,

I am so sorry to hear about your grandma. It is so hard when someone we love dies. I am also excited for you and Olly...having a job is a great thing. Good luck with the purchase of your house/townhome.
Jenny